Thursday, May 28, 2009




I thought I would do a different spin on the graphic design of this series.  I was suprized at how long it took me to figure out the different type faces that are used in the "WEEDS" of the title.  The capital letters were Times New Roman.  (easy right) and Didot for the lower case "e" I realized that this wasn't exactly right, but I liked how Didot has a lot lighter use of line, so I went with that just for aesthetics.  I wanted to use imagery that didn't evoke the qualities of the "drug" culture that surrounds the show, I think that the use of the leafs and plant starts to get kitschy and frankly I find more subtle implication of "weeds" more suitable.  Because the character obviously doesn't wear the drug on her sleeve.  Anyway: my take.


No comments:

Post a Comment